Würzburg is located at the heart of Europe and easy accessible with various means of transport:
Arrival by plane
The three closest international airports are located in Frankfurt am Main, Munich and Nuremberg. From there, you can reach Würzburg main station (Würzburg Hbf) by highspeed trains (ICE/IC/EC) which usually run every 30 to 60 minutes:
- Frankfurt International Airport (FRA): Trains run directly from the airport to Würzburg Hbf. (1.5 h)
- Munich Airport (MUC): Take the S1 or S8 to München Hbf. From there, trains run to Würzburg Hbf. (3 h)
- Nuremberg (NUE): Take the U2 to Nürnberg Hbf. From there, trains run to Würzburg Hbf. (1.5 h)
The Rail&Fly service allows you to book a train ticket from and to the airport in addition to the plane ticket. You can find further information here or at your chosen travel agency or airline.
Arrival by train
Every day, 70 highspeed trains (ICE/IC/EC) and 350 regular passenger trains (RB/RE) stop at Würzburg main station (Würzburg Hbf). From there, it is just a short walking distance to the inner city. After leaving the main station, you can find a taxi rank on your left-hand side, a tram stop right in front of you and a bus station on the right-hand side.
For further information and the schedule, visit the Deutsche Bahn website. Please note that the train prices are way cheaper when booked early in advance.
Arrival by car
You can reach Würzburg through three freeways:
- A3 (Cologne - Frankfurt am Main - Würzburg - Nuremberg - Regensburg - Munich)
- A7 (Hamburg - Hannover - Würzburg - Ulm)
- A81 (Stuttgart - Heilbronn - Würzburg)
Within the city centre, you can get around by walking or by taking the tram.
To reach the conference venue (Z6, Am Hubland, 97074 Würzburg), you can either go by car or by bus.
The public transportation ticket is valid for all bus and tram lines within the city. This makes it easy to reach the conference events in the city center and on Hubland campus, and to make sightseeing tours, for example to Marienberg Fortress.
The DB Navigator App helps you find the suitable bus or tram connections during your stay.
Taxis are available via +49 931 19410.